Non-myths.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 18:26:03 +0100 (BST)

Carl Fink is unrepentant:
> Yup, as far as Objectively Real. And again, why bother with Glorantha
> if you want real-world mythology? The real world *already* exists.

I didn't say I wanted "real-world mythology"; what I want is mythology that's still recognisable as mythology, and not just The One True Objective History of the Unambiguously Manifest Deity People. The alleged redundancy of RW and Gloranthan mythology is a very unconvincing argument. It's a bit like saying that as RW horses have four legs, it'd clearly be better to give them five in an RPG. Especially an RPG whose whole focus was horses, of course. After all, we already _have_ boring old four-legged horses.

> Apparently I was unclear in one sentence. I meant to say, "Does
> anyone on the lozenge worship the Sun as a trickster?"

I don't you think were unclear: several people, including myself, responded to precisely this point.

> Oh, I can't look up Avivath, don't have the materials.

OK, just take my word for it, then. (The "tyrants" he was "rebelling" against were the Jenarong-type horsey guys; and he was an avatar of Antirius.)

Alex.