Orlanth loves Rufelza?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 17:04:39 -0400 (EDT)

    A few Digests back, VS Greene raised the question of the possibility of a cult of Orlanth Bridegroom being created by the Lunars and their sympathisers. A number of people replied, but I was alone in saying that I didn't think it was very likely. My reasoning was that AFAIK, the Red Goddess had to pledge to destroy Orlanth as part of the conditions of attaining godhood at Castle Blue. Fair enough, so I was evidently wrong. But I notice that nobody replied to my objections to the idea. A lot of you clever people out there know a lot more about Gloranthan myth than I do. So can anybody answer the following questions for me:

  1. _Why_ was I wrong? Have I misunderstood/misremembered something, or is my objection just irrelevant - and if so, why?
  2. What would a cult of Orlanth Bridegroom be able to acheive that the already existent Cult of the Seven Mothers cannot?

Thanks, Trotsky