Subjectivity

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 05:22:17 -0400 (EDT)

Alex Ferguson suggests....

>Let's be clear about this: the "subjectivists" have very particular
>reasons for their position. They want to be able to have a Peloria
>which believes in Pelorian myth, a Barbarian Belt that believes in
>Theyalan myth. Seem fair? In contrast, the Objectivists apparently
>propose that we get to pick just one model, and declare all the rest
>wrong, because of RQ2 sentimentality, or some vague sense of unease
>about allowing multiple viewpoints, or other such non-concrete
>objectives. Now that, I call muddled thinking.

     BUZZ!! Wrong, but thanks for playing.

     I, at least, feel that there should be an overall Truth that all the various mythic systems of Glorantha veiw in a different way. Something like the story of the blind people and the elephant; different perspectives and parts. The gods are real, but seen differently. There are common experiences for all of Glorantha. There aren't fifteen different gods that all are supposed to be the glowing thing in the sky, just different aspects/perspectives/parts. The God Learners almost saw the elephant, but may have seen a mastodon. That's my take on it, other God Learner aspirants may see it all differently.

     Still, folk should use whatever Glorantha suits them. If folk want to play SociologyQuest, fine. :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, where the trains run to Innsmouth again...