Events - Subjective/Objectivity

From: Martin Dick <Martin.Dick_at_fcit.monash.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 16:08:28 +1000

While there is some philosophical interest in the debate about objective/subjective myths and realities, to my mind it doesn't really matter, play in the type of Glorantha that delivers what you want. Some supplements will be more or less useful than others to you but them's the breaks :-).

What I'm more interested in, is what events can be considered to be global or widespread or whether there are any events that can be considered to have happened in a global/widespread. I'm not that interested in what caused them, as each culture will have its own explanation, but have they caused an impact over a widespread/global area.

Examples:

The SunStop - do the Pamaltelans know of this event

The DragonKill War - Were a large number of people from all over eaten by Dragons?

Gbaji/Nysalor - Was there a big battle between two very powerful individuals which ravaged vast areas of Genertela?

The Dawn - Did the Sun vanish from the sky for some lengthy period of time and then reemerge?

The Closing - Were all the seas closed?

I Fought We Won - Is this a universal myth or is it just First Council/Theyalan /God Learner mumbo jumbo?

Chaos - Is there such a thing, did great hordes of Chaos maraud across the world sometime prior to 1 ST by the Theyalan calendar.

The Destruction of the Spike - Was some central crucial element of the early world of Glorantha destroyed by some inimical force?

The Block - Is some cosmic baddie under there or is just a really big and bad broo?

So the overall question is I guess, are there any objective facts in the consensual schema of Glorantha?

Martin