magic

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 07:00:36 -0500

Peter Metcalfe:

> Then why were the Lunars able to defeat the Carmanians? Why
> were the Lunars able to defeat Sheng Seleris when he was at the
> height of his powers and then some? Why have the Lunars been
> able to defeat Orlanth in the very land where he was born and the
> Praxians within the confines of their Sacred Land?

> To say that the Dara Happan magic works no better than anybody
> elses is like saying that the Technology of the 19th Century
> Europeans is no better than anybody elses IMO.

        Lunar magic isn't Dara Happan magic. DH stuff is only part of what the Lunars do. They use DH stuff, and Carmanian sorcery, and Chaos powers, and Thelayan magic. In short they use everything they can get their hands on and make work.

        Some magics may 'work better' than others at various times and places, but that is more a matter of circumstances, IMO. The kind of magic people use is bound to be adapted to their culture and physical requirements....

                Andrew

"The Muse struck me the other day, but I am recovering nicely"