Elmal & Lunars

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 11:27:00 -0700

V.S. Greene
> ?Huh? I suddenly wonder what the cult of Elmal looks like. The
only
treatment I've seen was in the aborted _Adventures in Glorantha_ and he looked like Yelmalio with fire powers. It _could_ matter in future games.

We will try to cover Elmal as worshipped in Sartar in the Orlanthi stuff in "Enclosure", which will be available at Glorantha con in Victoria, and then from the Reaching Moon Megacorp.

We will finish writing it right after this weekend's "Red Dwarf - Lager and Vindaloo" party. Right, guys?

Dara Happan magic:

I think that, individually, DH magic may not be as strong as some other culture's. (Greg said that, until recently, they didn't have much in the way of personal rune magic.) The DH's always cast their spells in big groups. They get 1000 people together and throw one huge spell to curse their enemies or bless themselves. On this scale, I think their magic may be more powerful than most.

The Lunars built on this tradition, and added the Theyalan creative element on top of it. Thus, their colleges of magic are unsurpassed in power and innovation, IMO. Why haven't they crushed the Sartarites and Praxians by now? As Sandy pointed out long ago, they operate on several fronts. They are holding back the ice, the Pentans, and Rufelza-knows-what in the underworld. Sartar and Prax receive little priority in the Heartlands, IMO.

Pam

PS - David Cake - where are you? Jeff is waiting to run a ToDP session whrn you get here! Will you be in Seattle by Tues, May 27?