German RQ Con report

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 00:33:51 +0200

Here's a short and belated report from the german con. In short: it was great. How can you fail in such incredible surroundings? The castle was superb, the people were great, the games were fun, the women were beautiful (N.B. this is not a sexist remark, I'm sure there were strapping men around too, but I'm not very good at assessing male beauty), some more names got faces etc.

Orlanth paid us a visit the first night with a magnificent thunderstorm. Quote of the night "It shall not rain!" (Nick Brooke, err Karnickiles Brokath). Suffice to say that the dew was rather heavy shortly thereafter...

I played Rune Metal Jacket, with Lewis Jardine as GM. What a sorry collection of lunar recruits!

Then the LARP. Now LARPing isn't really my thing, so I was bored for a majority of the time. I didn't get anywhere at all with succeeding with any of my goals and my supposed contacts had no idea who my character was. However, at the wrap-up, Kenth Eriksson sang his newly composed eulogy to Sor-Eel, which I predict to be a future Gloranthan classic, deeming by its reception.

What else? I played A Wealth of Riches, GMed by MOB, MGF style.

MOB: "This is a much more serious scenario than Rune Metal Jacket"

Nick: "Oh yes, it's dead serious"

It may have been intened as serious, but with one character wearing a wooden bucket on his head, the knight attacked the supposed "chaotic rock", the brutal attack on the mother of another character and my character eating Nick's character's pet rat Squiffy it soon took off from seriousness.

I even had a little time to go see the almost too picturesque village of Bacharach.

This should have been more eloquent to make people jealous and wanting to go there next year. I sure intend to!

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689