Gooder Grammar Teached Here.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 00:36:55 +0100 (BST)

Pam Carlson posts a call for correct orthography (not, strictly speaking, really grammar):

> Plurals don't get an apostrophy. (one dog, two dogs)
[...]
> But the DH's rallied and tossed the wrigglies out.

Careful there, I fear you may have just invoked D'D, the Apostrophe Cult Spirit of Reprisal on yourself, Pam... Particularly hazardous if one shares a gaming table with Him, I should think.

Personally, my own strongest List evidence that we're living in the Last Days before Wakboth ascends the Throne of the North is the increasing prevalence of:

> Umm

and:

> Er

Perhaps I need to go pop a NatraCalm or twelve, but I always find myself struggling hard not to read these as echoist abbreviations of "Whatever possessed you to write something as self-evidently foolish as that?" Not that I have any reason to suspect any of you fine people of such harbouring sentiments, but until we adopt Tone of Voice Markup Language as standard on this digest, such (mis)interpretation is always a built-in risk.

'til later,
Alex.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #426