Sor Eel, what a really tall guy

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 13:32:55 +0100

Hi All

        I would just like to confirm that Kenth Erikkson is hereby appointed official bard to the Governor of Pavis. I can't begin to describe the happy-warm-crimson-glow feelings I had when my dear loyal brother had him play the song for me on my birthday.

        I would also like to take this opportunity to decry the misguided opinions of Ingo "Faltikus" Tschinke. He describes me as shifty, obviously assuming that because I as a loyal Lunar citizen was not being a dominant bully that I was scheming. This is hurtful to those, who like myself, typify the the generous, civilized side of the Empire. It stands to reason that any empire that is to be successful in the long term must base its rule on peace and prosperity, not dominance and agression. Thus when approached with reasonable requests and suggestions which did not harm the empire I was happy to be able to oblige.

However, when the activities threatened the interests of the Empire I was prepared (even happy) to take strong decisive action. One of the council members of New Pavis came very close to finding this out and only the consequences of crucifying a respected council member and using military force to confiscate his grain assets stayed my hand. However, I doubt whether he realized what danger he was in and the fact that only his generosity to Teelo Norri saved his life...

Yours

	Sor Eel
	Count of Prax & Governor of Pavis