Praxians and Tales 16

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 02:17:40 EDT

If you all wonder why I'm posting so often lately, I'm on vacation this week. And hard at work on Drastic, as I'm sure you can tell.

Praxians

One point I failed to notice until now on the Ecological Balance of the Tribes. Since the initiation rituals of all the tribes involving killing an enemy (from Genertela pack, among other sources), I would presume that there _is_ a lot of direct competition amongst the tribes. Since most of them are off in the Wastes, where the only humans around are other Praxians, stands to reason they are going to specifically raid other tribes, not just for cattle.

Of course, this is assuming that the "foe" is a human, but I think that's a decent assumption (morocanths count, Praxian non-humans like baboons and newtlings might too) -- if I was Waha, I wouldn't let a boy become a man by killing a _hyena_!

Tales 16

OK, I opened a can of worms here with my comments on Tales 16. I admit they were premature, and I should have specifically stated that I have my copy already because I am a contributor, and so got it direct from RMM. I apologize for any stress/distress this may have caused contributors or distributors.

I was just so excited to get it, and it looked so cool!

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com