Better magicians

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:26:20 -0800

I think the Trotsky 'better magic' argument all comes down to semantics. In his view, the Lunars do not have better magic. But it certainly seems like they have better magicians - which is what I think everyone else is talking about. And they use them more effectively.

        Actually, I don't think by Trotskies argument you could make a fair case that the sorcerers actually have worse magic. In almost every case, they actually get considerable less from a single magic point. Of course, they do get to throw a lot of MPs around, and do a lot of fancy things with them. And the sorcerers worse magic is balanced by having lots of good magicians, in effect.

        Cheers

                David