German RQ Con

From: David Hall <Glorantha_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 15:17:20 -0400

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks for the Megacorp with the German R= Q
con, Nick Brooke's wedding, and the entertaining of MOB, Neil Robinson an= d
David Cheng on their flying visits. =

Many thanks to the organisers of the German RQ con for a great event, and=

to Ingo Tschinke and the RuneQuest Gesellschaft for inviting us. I hope t= he
next castle venue is as magnificent as Castle Stahleck!

For me the Peoples of Pavis freeform was the highlight of the convention.=

My favourite bits were:

we made up for this when Kenth sang it at the post-game briefing.

I am actually rather surprised that no one took the opportunity to use th= e
party to try and assassinate Sor-eel!

gaol if he'd arrested us! =

Sor-eel - even though he mostly ignored me and left me to rot in gaol! I'= ll
admit it was tempting to think that I might have replaced him as governor...

Congratulations should go to Rick Meints as GimGim, an evil and utterly corrupt man who had us all fooled all the way, and to the girl who played=

the ogre/Lunar judge - for almost exactly the same reasons!

The Sunday-evening book-burning was also fun, with my voice being the onl= y
one heard trying to save Daughters of Darkness from its awful fate (well,=

Tales *did* publish the Chronicles of Khafre Menes way back in issue #6...). I almost saved a piece of the book, but Neil Robinson foully betrayed me and it was lost in the conflagration! I fear we may have awok= en
a sleeping giant and started a new convention tradition - I must find my copy of Eldarad and pack it for British Columbia...

All Hail the Reaching Moon!

David Hall