Fronelan democracy

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 08:30:33 -0400 (EDT)

<< Me:>My guess is such a [democratic] city would tend to incorporate some
>Orlanthi myths into its particular heresy, since the Orlanthi have
>a tradition for democracy.

 Peter Metcalfe: I don't think the Riverjoin city for example would use Orlanthi
 myths. This is like saying that the British or the French uses  the US Constitution. >>

    Not really, the Janubian cities are supposed to follow Stygian Heresies, so they must incorporate _somebody_ else's myths. Aside from the Orlanthi, nobody else in the vicinity has a tradition for democracy, so this seems to me the most likely set of myths to be added. One wouldn't expect a solar-based heresy, frex, to encourage democracy IMHO. And the Orlanthi don't live too far away, so they could well have had an influence. It also makes a contrast with all those Solar and Lunar cities that we already know of along the Janube, and thus provides a bit of gaming variety.

    I'm not saying this is the only option, though, I can certainly see a non-Stygian heresy as being democratic, or a Lunar-based one, or something completely weird. I just feel it's the most likely.

     Lest it be thought that I automatically argue with Peter about everything :-), I really liked his stuff on the Borists. I'll be interested to see Ingo's material in Tradetalk so I can compare the two.

Forward, the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky