re Sartar vs the Empire

From: Cory Davis <cory_at_chem.eng.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 11:05:02 +1000

Hi all

>King Sartar is my favorite fantasy hero. I consider the creation of
>the kingdom of Sartar to be a great deed. You see, he combined the
>Good Things of Civilisation with the Good Things of Theyalan
>Barbarisms.

I agree entirely with what Eric says, he sums up Sartar the way I really believe it is, and actually talks about the city folk, instead of going on about those hillclans like everyone else

>Personally, I instinctively HATE the "noble barbarian" stuff.
>Your basic tribal Theyalans/Orlanthings are no people I would by a used car
>from,
>want my daughter to marry or have as neighbours.

So true, I mean what is so interesting about some inbred yokels who divide their time between molesting sheep (and their sister when they can catch her) and murdering the yokels who live in the next valley because they stole 'granpappies pig'. It's just Delieverance in Glorantha. City or at least slightly more civilised Orlanthi are much more interesting.

Anyway Good on you Eric
seeya

Cory