Re: searching; historic revision; bees

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 10:15:06 -0700

Paul Chapman wrote

> I was browsing
> through your web site a couple of days ago and could find references to
> Wizard's Attic but not the number...

The site is searchable, and the phone number was on the second-listed page... (This is not to chastise you, just to remind people that my site is searchable.)

Jim Chapin wrote

> One of the features of 1984 was that history could be edited and changed:
> "Oceania is at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia."
>
> With heroquests, it seems that a sufficiently advanced society could
> make this happen! Maybe that's what the Godlearners were doing . . .
>changing past
> history to fit present politics . . .

Nice analogy. But I think Greg has been careful to point out that you can't change the past. On the other hand, you can do what's almost as good, and make it *look* like you have (after all, who can check?).

James Frusetta asks

> Do the Kitori have a Bee tribe of their own?

Probably -- check King of Sartar, p. 103, where the Wasp Riders of Windtop carry on a feud with the Bee People of the Holy Country.