Ducks, eggs and teeth

From: Peter Nordstrand <peno_at_ffs.gu.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:49:21 +0100

Chris Bell writes:
>Are Duck Young born live, or born in
>eggs? do they REALLY have teeth, so as to chomp those cigars? What is
>Duck societal structure, child-rearing practices, etc? (A potential
>player brought this up because he may be playing a duck PC. He was
>thinking about playing a female Duck who had just 'laid an egg' but was
>travelling and on am important quest. PC's would take turns keeping the
>egg warm, and protecting it when combat breaks out!)

Personally I would settle for the MGF-variant. Adventurers encountering, say, the hungry trollkin-horde from Troll Realms while trying to protect a huge fragile duck-egg a sounds like a lot of fun. As for teeth I imagine ducks without teeth would have trouble consuming many kinds of food. This could cause complications for the duck in question, which can lead to entertaining role-playing situations. Didn't RQ-Adventures have a duck issue, by the way?

Quack
/Peter Nordstrand
peno_at_ffs.gu.se

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #454