Re: Kralorelans again

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 19:59:11 +0100 (BST)

Nils Weinander takes exception to my apathy:
> > For myself, I find it hard to get worked about [the idea of the New
> > Dragon Ring making stuff up]

> Well, it ruins _my_ sense of wonder. Why is that so
> damn hard to understand and/or accept?

Well, I can easily _accept_ it, in the sense that the evidence of my own eyes persuades me to accept the fact that some people like lime green crop-tops. But I'm not likely to be able to understand _why_ it's the case without some sort of motivating explanation. Otherwise, it's an argument I find as persuasive as "MGF" or "philosophically repellent". (To wit, not at all.)

One could make almost exactly the same sort of argument about Dara Happan "history", for example. Ought we to refrain from discussions of what a mendacious miscreant Plentonious was ( -- allegedly) in case it punctures anyone's sensawunda?

Wonderfully,
Alex.