Kitori (short)

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt) <"Daniel>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:36:02 -0700

I just HAVE to comment again...

I play the Kitori as NOT worshipping Ernalda. thus they are forced into their Raiding\Trading economy, instead of an agrarian one. Their neighbors don't just hate them 'cause they're wierd. This also ties the Kitori humans in with the typical trollish Fertility troubles.

As Stephen (I think) noted, the Kitori ZZ are plenty busy playing in the Footprint, and don't have time to shimmy up treetrunks looking for elvses to munch.

I'm still convinced that Uz would destroy a forest without elves in it long before they would manage to exterminate all the elves in a forest they lived in. There are just too many benefits to keeping the little buggers around. (primarily shade, but one's bound to fall eventually ;-). Jamuz also (inadvertantly) mentioned the (only?) two other places where plants thrive in contact with Uz -- Vale of Flowers and Sporewood. Funny thing, but there's elfses in BOTH.

and finally, re: slinging elf treats out of the trees. Sure, smack the vermin whenever you spot them... but the elves are going to make durn sure that the canopy is thick enough that you WON'T see them (or their structures). Which, incidentally, makes the woods just that much darker... High Walls make good neighbors (or in this case Thick Floors).

danm