Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #453

From: kone_at_xsite.net
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:00:55 -0700

David Cake writes:
> And I'm sorry, but to me, to assume that there are any elves left
>in an area called 'the Troll Woods' where trolls have lived for well over a
>thousand years violates common sense.

One word: Iceland

> Even though neither the trolls nor elves revere Ernalda
>particularly? Yes, well. Of course. I find it particularly hard to believe
>that the trolls revere Ernalda more than they revere the elf hating/eating
>Karg and Tree Chopper. <snip>
>The religion of the Kitori is a common argument on the list, but I
>certainly agree that the human clans of the Kitori revere Ernalda. I don't
>think the Uz do particularly.<snip>
> Because trying to convince us all of the elves seems a
>bit of a losing fight - though the basic idea was cool, just not
>appropriate to the Kitori.<sniP

  Point for James Frusetta has been most obstreperous. He has consistently refrained from addressing the social ecology of the Kitori, and their subsequent interaction with other tribes, in favor of roleplaying a Zorak Zorani monologue (orate skill check to you, Sir.)   I assure you. Zorak Zoran cultists are allowed every bit of rum, sodomy, and the whip, in the social make-up of my Kitori. I highly recommend Desperate Living. The film accurately portrays Zorak Zorani within the confines of matriarchy.
  I have been actively running a game in the Troll Wood for seven months now. My group has found my material to be mythically resonant and playble. I have used every available source and have written within the bounds of opinions and advice from those on the digest who engaged the material with me. (frex: recent digest 271-276)
  I have worked off of archived digests and have recruited 'local historian.' All in all, when it comes to the Kitori, there is little written and little to contradict.

> I'm probably going to be putting a fair bit of effort into the
>Kitori in the near future, with an aim towards publication somewhere.

  Are you trying to pander to me? Your response to the complexity of a human and troll social dynamic united under one tribe indicates that you have nothing to add to the Kitori debate as of yet. I can not appreciate the circumstances which inspired you to post.   I was invited to participate in the upcoming Book of Drastic Resolutions featuring trolls, but have since then lost all interest. I am reminded of a question fielded to all attendees at Gloranthacon IV, "How do we get more players?" I still think the best answer is, "Let people play." Carolyn is bored and so am I.

Arthur Reyes