Trade with the east

From: Bill.McKinley_at_mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 9:54:13 +1000

Trade with the east
In my last post, I commented that the Lunars were looking for a warm water port, not necessarily seeking to trade with the east. I now realise (after getting some caffeine into my system) that they are doing both!

The Lunars started expanding eastwards before Dormal discovered how to evade the Closing. Now that sea travel if possible again, it is only logical that they would seek warm water ports to trade with the east by sea rather than caravan routes. The shippi

Kralorela is rich in exotic silks, spices, jades, and of course tea. But the Lunars have little to trade with them, as the Kralorelans believe their lands to be the centre of the world, with only howling wilderness and barbarians beyond. They will accept

The only commodity in the Lunar Empire that may tempt the Kralorelans is (drumroll please) hazia. So the stage is now set for a Lunar merchant fleet, loaded with hazia, to set sail for the east to create a demand that only the Lunar Empire can supply. Th

In the future, there may be several Hazia Wars, as the tottering Kralorelan Empire seeks to end the importation of the herb and the corruption of its subjects. Perhaps the Lunars may even end up owning a small rocky island off the coast...

Cheers
Bill McKinley