"Greetings" and the Upcoming Hazia Wars

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 23:27:39 -0700

Jane Williams:

< Much of the Orlanthi culture is devoted to defining law for each
situation - >
<beginning with the "greeting" (it establishes who each person is, their
legal> <relationship to each other, and what subsequent actions are appropriate.)>

        Aren't there local fashions of dress, shield patterns, etc. that give a clue as to who is who in TODP-era Satar? Must make ambushing the vile Orlevings pretty tough.

        When you had the battle with the army of Malan did each side have a banner or standard?

Bill McKinley:

        Yea Bill! Chaosium probably wasn't planning to sell too much Glorantha stuff in China anyway. :) Somehow I can't see the Dragon Emperor giving the Lunars anything other than a severe drubbing rather than a long-term lease on an offshore trading base, but I'm sure there are plenty of Sor-Eels ready to give it the
old Lunar College of Magic try.

Gary R. Switzer--Aero Hobbies