Elves in Troll Woods

From: S McGinness <smcginn_at_csm.ex.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 97 13:52:53 GMT

I have not been paying much attention to the digest lately but I have caught a small amount of discussion about the presence of elves in Troll Woods or outside of Elf Forests.

I submit that the elves you may encounter in these places are transients. More often War Parties or training camps where the elves take their warriors to be and expose them to dangerous situations, give them the opportunity to meet foes where there is no danger that failure will result in Elf homes being destroyed.

All British forces have to spend time in Northern Ireland, and this has helped to make our forces some of the most experienced urban fighters in the world. I think the elves would like to provide their own warriors with similar experience. Obviously the long term aim may be to recapture the forests and oust the invaders of the green, but just now they are a valuable source of target practice.

Stephen McGinness