Re: Duck Miniatures

From: library <library_at_etown.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 10:30:55 PDT

Tal Meta asks:

>>I've just started running a RQ campaign, and one of my players wants to
>>play a duck. I have over 400+ miniatures, but no ducks. (ERB's Green Men
>>of Barsoom, I have, but no ducks!)

>>I remember a thread going on here a month or so ago concerning such
>>miniatures, but, of course, now that I need 'em I can't find the
>>references.

>Ral Partha had a duck adventurer in the Glorantha boxed set, but it is out
>of print. Check http://ralpartha.com/ralpartha/ral.html, but I didn't see
>the figure anywhere.

                ...snip, snip, snip...

>However, all is not necessarily lost, check the discount bins at game
>stores (the RP stuff is the most likely to end up there), and game
>convention flea-markets, or check news groups like Rec.games.frp.marketplace.

Absolute worst case scenario: Buy hobbit or halfing miniatures and paint all exposed
flesh areas white, grey or black to simulate duck feather tones; paint a bright orange
beak on the face, paint the feet the same colour and away you go... It's cheap, it's fast
and it's cheesy! Amuse your friends! Annoy your players!

Heh heh heh

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Espanola Public Library / Bibliotheque Municipale d'Espanola 245 Avery Drive, Espanola, ON P5E 1S4
Tel:(705) 869-2940 Fax: (705) 869-6463 E-Mail: library_at_etown.net Webpage: http://www.etown.net/library/Espanola.html =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Some on commission, some for the love of learning,  Some because they have nothing better to do  Or because they hope these walls of books will deaden  The drumming of the demon in their ears."

                                   Louis MacNeice
                                   The British Museum Reading Room