Ducks

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 18:53:32 GMT

Jane Williams she say:

> The theory I wanted to find some evidence for was that ducks "normally"
> (when not under the influence of Delecti and/or Sartar) worship river
> spirits among other things, and that it was the well-known cleansing
> power of running water on Chaos that gave them their powers against
> Undead. You may remmeber that it was the Ducks who taught the Humakti how
> to deal with zombies, not the other way round!

"Among other things" yes. But the powers of the river are clearly limited inside the swamp. The Ducks may be able to put a limit to the Swamp's expansion though.

> And, I was rather hoping to find ducks on the Zola Fel a long time before
> 1613.

I've no evidence, but I rather think that they would have been among the 'Beast Peoples' left behind after the Dragonkill War. ("Man Rune, nice Mr. Dragon? No, no-one with the Man Rune here.... Look, we're *much* too small to make a snack for you....")

And if they did flee I can see them being one of the first to risk sneaking back.

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.