Lunarized Orlanthi; Food; and Broos

From: Shon Vaughan <oberon_at_autoiii.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 17:17:48 -0700

Lunarized Orlanthi
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I'd like to get some opinions about how Praxian Orlanthi view Orlanthi that=  have adopted the civilized lifestyle of the Lunars.

Is it possible to remain a devout Orlanthi while enjoying the benefits and=  luxuries of Lunar citizenship? Do mainline Orlanthi treat these Orlanthi as=  traitors?

=46ood (or "Playing with your food.")
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I played in a troll campaign several years ago and I'd say that half the fun=  we had was from milking the hilarious perversity of troll eating habits.

About two Gloranthan years later, as part of the payment for services=  rendered by a Chalana Arroy priestess, he was politely asked to remove the=  fingers and pay them proper respect. He did. About half an hour after being=  asked to, he paid his respects to the warrior and then ate the fingers=  (much to the mirth of the other players). To this day I consider this one=  of my truly trollish moments.
- -----

Our group centered around an Argan Argar priest. Our characters wandered=  along his trade routes making trouble with the Aldryami and Mostoli (and=  afterwards stuffing themselves silly with all the creative dishes our sick=  minds could come up with).

I enjoyed the food more than the fighting and the magic. The published=  material indulges this facination but leaves me wondering a few things:

What are the staples of the *human* diet? What are some of the exotic things eaten by humans? What do these dishes look, smell, feel, and taste like? Who eats them and when (many unusual dishes would be related to rituals and=  special occasions)?

Broos
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

After a battle with broos what is the usual response? Are your weapons=  discarded for fear of disease contamination?

What is the gestation period for a broo?

I guestimated three days. If it was significantly longer then the hosts=  would have to be cared for by the broos or face extermination by anyone who=  finds it.

Is the host conscious and aware? If so, wouldn't people try to commit=  suicide afterwards?

What does a broo larvae look like?

Wifty Things
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Try this for your next jaunt into the Wastes:

A one (or two) cubic meter undine (water elemental) is very easy to summon=  and bind. For two POW you can have a binding.

One (or two) cubic meter(s) of water lasts a long time if you don't have to=  carry it and it doesn't evaporate when you are storing it.

The big downside to this is having to summon the undine again after you=  whittle it down to nothing by drinking it.

Chances are the undine has been Tapped down to 1 MP (which case it could be=  any size) and the item might even have the Dominate Undine matrix.

This has been my first post and if I get friendly and helpful responses I=  will post more of my ideas as well as ask more questions.

Shon Vaughan

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #461