"Smart" Arrows

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 00:04:49 -0500 (CDT)

I don't think that this seems like the appropriate way to make elven arrows more dangerous. Most Elves are going to be so damned good that they will hit nearly every time anyway, but deciding that they can go around corners, etc, seems too much.

My thought would be that the appropriate sort of effect be achived with a biological method, not some sort of non-line-of-sight magic arrow stuff. The obvious ways to do this are to use really nasty toxins or biologically active agents (fungus or bacteria) that would cause the target to become dead, or eat his armor, break down his defensive magic, or do other nasty things.

If you can breed this into your guardian plants it works even better. The hostile vegetation for Gerrold's "Cthror" books would seem approriate.

Kevin