Peaceful Cut

From: Hugh McVicker <hugh_at_mbcmr.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 14:41:42 +0100

me> > Every Year at HHD we preform the major Peace Cut   > > ritual to free all the spirits caught in agony since their death.

Alex> I'd just question whether it's useful to regard this as the same thing
> as Peaceful Cut, or more to the point, whether either type of culture,
> Herder or Hunter, sees them as being magically (never mind morally)
> interchangeable.

I hope that I wasn't implying that the HHD ritual replaced PC. Which would you prefer, to have your arm healed back on immediatly or to wander around with an agonising stump till HHD to get regrow limb. I see PC as spiritual healing of the man imposed rift between the spirit and the body.
I think I have wandered far enough from the origonal questions.

Bye
- --

 Hugh McVicker         IT Officer

 Macfarlane Burnet Centre for Medical Research  Paranoia is simply the logical state of mind  brought on by possessing all the facts