ClearItUp&CheerUp

From: kone_at_xsite.net
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:03:56 -0700

Yikes! The friendly, feel-good springtime mood turns rude, boorish & snarly...There, I've pointlessly alienated the folks in the southern hemisphere with my flippant northerncentricism, and so feel like 'one of the guys'

I have to agree with Alex Ferguson that Arthur Reyes's comments in response to David Cakes's post were arrogantly nasty. But don't let it ruin your day, eh? I believe he was responding (peevishly) to simple frustration with the fact that it's incredibly difficult to accurately play in this oh-so-desirably vivid world of Glorantha.

Try doing a search on the Kitori, and see how much info is available to the public. Arthur took what bits he could find (with Arachne Solaris's web, alas) and began building & playtesting his Kitori campaign...It's certainly not as impressive as the decades of experience many listers can claim, but still doesn't warrent repeatedly pointing out that there are <Trolls> in the Troll Woods. As cute as it may be to agrue wargame tactics, it's not really as much fun as engaging the information, or having a real debate. So Arthur snaps at David Cake, reading his post as 'Oh, don't worry about the Kitori.I've been at this a lot longer than you and I'm going to solve it all for you just as soon as I get a chance' Rather than lend his insight to an ongoing debate in which any listers may participate. I could sarcastically suggest that the Digest be private/invitation only just in case there's anyone left listening who hasn't yet been offended...

If anyone's still interested, I disagree with the notion of more elves than trolls, AND with the implication that Kitori "need permission" to cut trees, AND with the idea of ZZ-less Kitori, AND with transient elves. I'm interested with the notions of intermingling Darkness and Earth powers to make a local darkearth pantheon AND the Kitori as hearders of pigs (human) and insects (esp.beetles, for Trolls) AND that the Kitori Bee Tribe live along the forest edge & roam Kethaela. I'll admit I'm unclear on the "Pan-Earth Theocracy" bit. Do Gloranthan regions where earth cults dominate the local pantheon tend to be Theocratic? Feel free anyone to e-mail me privately, as I don't feel like posting/gobbling bandwith with any more of this, since my game is really, and can only be, at best pseudo-Gloranthan.

feeling somewhat embarassed by the whole thing, - -Carolyn