River of Cradles campaign

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 10:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

About the question regarding what Chalana Arroy temples expect for
"contributions" for spells such as Resurrection:

It's been so long I have no idea where this comes from anymore, but we've been playing it as follows for the past 17 years...

The standard contribution for Resurrection or a "major" healing of any kind is 50% of the recipient's current wealth, and a 10% tithe on all wealth gained during the next year. This method attempts to avoid discrimination. If the recipient has nothing, they may perform some kind of task the temple needs done, or, they may join Chalana Arroy (!).

A "minor" healing (treat poison/disease, a Healing 6, etc.) usually is payed for by some minor magic item if available or a suitable monetary donation. For normal, non-adventuring types, sweeping out the temple may suffice... :)

The goal here is for each individual to contribute something that has real worth to them, relative to their social/economic status.

Someone who performs a great service for a Chalana Arroy temple for other reasons besides needing to "contribute" may be rewarded by giving them a
"Chalana Arroy disk", an over-sized engraved bronze "coin" that entitles
the bearer to aid from a temple without requiring further contributions.