Re: Undines in the Wastes

From: Shon Vaughan <oberon_at_autoiii.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 12:51:57 -0700

>I thought elementals could only be summoned from a source of that element.
>Thus a two cubic meter undine requires two cubic meters of water before being
>summoned. Which means they are no use for drinking in a desert.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit.

HOW TO MAKE UNDINE WATER BOTTLES Givens:
1. A matrix holding an elemental does not display any of the elemental's qualities. Examples: a salamander matrix is not hot and an undine matrix is not wet.

2. When an elemental is pulled from its matrix it does not require outside material. That is, for example, a salamander does not require a pre-existing fire to manifest.

3. When ORIGINALLY summoned an elemental DOES require a sufficent quantity of its element. Examples: The two cubic meter undine requires a minimum of two cubic meters of water when first summoned. That water is stored in the matrix with the elemental and takes no room while doing so.

 How-to:
While you are at home, where there is plenty of water, summon and bind an undine.

Now take a trip into the Wastes.

When you are thirsty, Dominate the undine (if it has only 1 MP this will cost you only a couple of MP depending on how bad you roll). Take it out of the matrix. Dip your mug into it doing HP / (size in cubic meters * 1000) in damage for each 1 liter mug.

When you have had your fill, order the undine back into the matrix.

The big deal is that one cubic meter of water weighs one metric ton (about 2,200 lb. for us Yanks) but a 250 gram (about 1/2 lb.) item can easily hold the matrix.

"Instant water. Just add MPs."

Shon Vaughan
"Ask me about using a shade, a sylph, and an undine to produce a fully-functional air conditioner."

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #466