Faltikus the Good

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 17:01:44 -0400

>Shon Vaughan:

>>Is it possible to remain a devout Orlanthi while enjoying the benefits and
>>luxuries of Lunar citizenship? Do mainline Orlanthi treat these Orlanthi
as
>>traitors?

>Given the example of Faltikus the Good, High Priest of Orlanth in
>Pavis, who is not a citizen AFAIK but is pro-lunar and devout, I
>would say that such a thing is possible. Many fanatical Orlanthi
>would treat these people as traitors but are inhibited from doing
>so by the lunar authorities. Of course, the Priests would be
>sending anything they can (such as impests) so it may not be
>pleasant.

If I remember correctly Faltikus the Good is Illuminated which may or may not bring his devoutness into question. He's pretty much immune to anything his fellow Orlanthi's can do unless they actively try and off him
which seems unlikely considering the situation in Pavis.

On a related note I've always hated the idea of Illuminates being able to do whatever they want religions-wise like Zorak Zoran Humakti's and such nonsense. It's as if the cult doesn't have humans to spot suspicious and un-cultlike behaviour. (Uh, Swordmaster Bob why are you eating your nephew?)

Oliver D. Bernuetz
bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca

(Yes I do realize that Illuminates don't have to follow cult restrictions if they don't want to but would their fellow believers let them get away with it?)