Duck Minis

From: robertson_at_delphi.intel.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 09:08:50 -0700

Tal Meta asks:

>I've just started running a RQ campaign, and one of my players wants to
>play a duck. I have over 400+ miniatures, but no ducks. (ERB's Green Men
>of Barsoom, I have, but no ducks!)

>I remember a thread going on here a month or so ago concerning such
>miniatures, but, of course, now that I need 'em I can't find the
>references.

Ral Partha had a duck adventurer in the Glorantha boxed set, but it is out of print. Check http://ralpartha.com/ralpartha/ral.html, but I didn't see the figure anywhere.

Archive ducks bit the dust when the molds were destroyed in a fire.

Trollkin forge had ducks, but afaik they are out of business. I know that I picked up 80 broos at discount at RQCon in SF.

There was another company that did ducks in the late 70's/early 80's (can't remember the name) that went belly-up long ago

Currently, as far as I can tell, there are no in-print Glorantha-style duck miniatures.

However, all is not necessarily lost, check the discount bins at game stores (the RP stuff is the most likely to end up there), and game convention flea-markets, or check news groups like Rec.games.frp.marketplace.

Roderick