Lunar Trade

From: Schmidt, Erich <SchmidtE_at_NLP01.RENSSELAER.basf-corp.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 05:11:29 -0400

>Owen Jones

Love the puzzles!

>Gary R Switzer

  1. Who are the Lunars so hot to trade _with_ in the East?
  2. What products are the Lunars importing?
  3. What products are the Lunars exporting, or are they paying cash?
  4. Is there a serious imbalance of trade one way or the other?

Actually I think that the Lunars are attempting to improve their trade routes to the West more than the East. With Charg still under the Ban and the Kingdom of War in the Janube (?) river valley it might be easier to send barges down the Oslir to the Creekstream River. You have that overland stretch through Sartar, (pacified soon, really) but that should be less expensive than the continual losses from the Kingdom and bandits from Rathorela.

Still, in the East you would have exotic spices, jade, and silk following the China model. Perhaps even attempts at having an easy means to import spies for the eventual absorption of Kralorela into the Lunar Way. These Orlanthi barbarians are hard enough let alone any kind of war with a vast empire with Kralorela's organization.

Exports would be ... hmm. Gold? brass maybe. Gin. Nothing really jumps out at me that Kralorela doesn't already have. I think that they have all the iron and other metals that they need. But then, everyone wants more gold.

Erich Schmidt
Chemist Smurf