Peaceful Cut

From: Jon Thorvaldson <Jon.Thorvaldson.4851_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:12:23 +0200

Hi all!

        Some thoughts. My interpretation of the Peaceful Cut is that the ceremony if used to placate the amimal's 'spirit totem'. If you kill a deer, you enact the Peaceful Cut to ensure that you do not anger Deer, else all deer may disappear, or you may have bad juju or whatever. Of course, at the same time you tell the animal that you respect it and 'explains what happened', or something like it.

        On the Peaceful Cut versus the butchery skill, I feel that Peaceful Cut ought to be a spell (as in RQ2) or a ceremony or such, that is not easily failed, and that butchery is a skill. If you fail your butchery skill roll, you have simply got less meat from the animal.

        Jon Thorvaldson