Orlanthi in Lunar Lands, etc.

From: remster_at_interport.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 08:41:18 -0400

> From: mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk (Michael Cule)
> Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 22:57:31 GMT
> Subject: Peaceful Cut.

> Unless they fumble in which case the animal has become ritually impure and must
> be abandoned lest its spirit haunt the hunter. ("No, you can't eat this pile
> of fresh meat we have just found abandoned.... It isn't safe.")
>
> Wouldn't that work better?
>
> - --
> Michael Cule

In RQ2, Cults of Prax, Peaceful Cut worked automatically. It was a 1 point Battle Magic spell, I beleive, that worked elsewise like the RQ3 version. You could just treat it like that! Seems to be a case of rules interfering with MGF.

Chris B

> From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
> Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 22:47:31 +0200
> Subject: PoIM
>
> Simon Bray:

> > I believe that PoIM is controlled by having state ruled monasteries.

Perhaps the PoIM is the Kralori version of the Shao Lin ? I imagine large, stately monastaries, in which Martial Arts and Meditative wisdom is practised.
The relationship between the PoIM and the Kralori state authorities could relatively the same as between the Shao Lin and chinese rulers... During good and just times, the PoIM supports and assists the Exarchs and Mandarins. During bad times (such as during Shang Hsa's time, may his name be cursed!), the PoIM would go underground, assisting the peasants and working to restore the divine order of heaven!

> (Cool description snipped)

Yes, very cool, consider it stolen by me, as well ;)

> From: Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca (Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG)
> Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 17:01:44 -0400
> Subject: Faltikus the Good
> On a related note I've always hated the idea of Illuminates being able to
> do whatever they want religions-wise like Zorak Zoran Humakti's and such
> nonsense. It's as if the cult doesn't have humans to spot suspicious and
> un-cultlike behaviour. (Uh, Swordmaster Bob why are you eating your
> nephew?)
>
> Oliver D. Bernuetz
> bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca
>
> (Yes I do realize that Illuminates don't have to follow cult restrictions if
> they don't want to but would their fellow believers let them get away
> with it?)

Well, as much of a pain as Illuminants may be, they do exist. You see, that's EXACTLY the case with Faultikus. While its only a rumour that he's been illuminated, if indeed he is there's really nothing that Orlanth and his Enforcers can do about it. And since he has the human angle covered (ie - Lunar Government backing)Thus, like it says in the Pavis material, who else is these to go to? There's not much that Orlanth's worshippers can do either. I wonder what happened to old Faultikus when Pavis was liberated from the Lunars?

All hail the Grey Sage, Keeper of Wisdom! Chris Bell