Undines on dunes

From: Ian Gorlick <igorlick_at_nortel.ca>
Date: 05 Jun 1997 16:27 EDT

 Shon Vaughan:
>2. When an elemental is pulled from its matrix it does not require outside
>material. That is, for example, a salamander does not require a
>pre-existing fire to manifest.

I don't believe that is correct. Possibly you can read the rules that way, but I choose not to. When you reconstitute an elemental from a binding, then you have to give it enough material to rebuild its body or you will only have a very tiny elemental. With a salamander, you can just give it a pile of fuel which it can ignite and make enough flame to rebuild itself. For an undine, you have to give it its normal volume in water. So it can't be reconstituted in the middle of a desert.