The rare arrow...

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 02:26:37 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin Rose noted....
- ------
 But the message that I was sort of responding to was:

 "What a neat idea, actually. Picture a special, incredibly rare weapons plant whose fruit is a self-guiding arrow. Maybe they'd only be useful against a specific type of enemy. Figure that it would always hit its target, maybe even if it is out of sight." And other assorted responses to this, some of which seemed at least semi-serious. - -----

     Hey, I remember that, I wrote it. :)

     The key words here are "incredibly rare". The plant would be something like one of those hard to raise orchids that require a lot of care, and would be almost impossible to propagate. You'd get maybe one fruit a year, which would stay fresh on the plant until needed but would "die" within a week or two of harvesting. Something only useful for assasinations or emergencies. Not terribly destabilizing.

      I wasn't suggesting grand Smart Arrow Plantations yielding bushels 'o death. :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...