Re: Undine Water Bottles

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 97 19:57:16 EDT

> From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
> >"Instant water. Just add MPs."
> Okay, according to the rules, you can do this. But it feels somehow
> wrong, therefore there must be something wrong with the plan.

Ignoring the use of an industrial society mindset to create a magic item, of which many (including me) have been guilty, the original idea included Tapping the SIZ and POW of the undine in question, which is declared by all Good Malkioni Authorities to be Naughty In HIS Sight. Vadeli, Brithini, and God Learners are free to disagree (there is one other sect that allows Tap on non-Malkioni, but I forget which).

> ... and maybe send it underground to fetch more water up from
> the water table and to clean water up for you.

Assuming that the caster and the undine knew about these (caster may not be up on desert lore, and undines are rather stupid, plus may not be willing to dig through several yards of sand/dirt to get to the water table), this sounds better to me, too. Having the undine find lost members of the Sea/Water tribe sounds much more Mythic.