RT

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 09:46:00 -0700

 Chris:

>Regardless of cultural differences, Orlanth is hostile to the Red Goddess.

I do not think this is true. The Sartarite Orlanthi certainly think it's true, but the Ralian Orlanthi don't, and I doubt the Scylillans Orlanthi doo, either.

> Do these 'Lunarised Orlanthi' pull the 'Goddess Hide' dodge and worhsip
Goddess' like Ernalda publicly, while
worshipping Orlanth in private?

Naw, they worship Orlanth, the Husband/Brother/Buddy of the Goddess.

>Do the Lunars just let them slide?
>(That I very much doubt.)

The Lunars really don't hate any deity- except Sheng. If people want to worship Oranth, and can do so without becoming hostile or rebellious, that's just peachy with the Lunars. What they don't like is no-good rebels using Orlanth worship as an emotional issue to lead decent people into rebellion.

> Do they worhsip instead a more tame set of air gods, such as Molanni and
her kin?

Please! It's Entekos the Virtueous. May she bless us all!

>Orlanth is Rebellious Terminous, as known by the Dara Happans.

Not according to the DHs. They know who the Last Rebel is - he has a name and a cult within their own culture. It's legal and everything!

Peloria is a land of many facets, all reconciled together. NOTHING is black and white. (Except, of course, that everybody DOES hate Sheng...)

Stubbornly,

Pam