Broo, Pantheons, Hero Stories

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 1997 12:54:18 -0400

Broo: It has allways been my understanding that the "mother" of a broo will, in
	all cases, die.  The gestation period is only a couple of days, but any
	sentient creature should be aware that they survived a broo attack.
Sure,
	they may suspect that they were left for dead, but most likely they
will
	know that they are a victim of brooish rape.

	IMG, it was the duty of the Humakti initiate to go and put to death the
	cattle, horses, and stablehands that had "survived" a broo attack.
Sure,
	he wasn't 100% sure that they were impregnated, but it was better safe
	than sorry.

Pantheons:
	Pam, I believe, stated two things that I'm not 100% comfortable with.
For
	one, I have allways believed that when a Gloranthan looks at the sky
and
	sees the Sun, she believes that it is PHYSICALLY Yelm.  Therefore,
Humakt
	IS Death, etc.  Maybe I'm alone in this, but I guess it helps explain
why
	I find the debate over "Are you the same god?" confusing.  Oh, and I
guess
	that puts me fairly firmly in the "Objectivist camp," right?

	Second, she mentioned that all the Pantheons are complete.  Therefore,
the
	Orlanthi obviously have a Sun god, a Rain god, a Lust god, a Chicken
God,
	etc etc etc, and so do the Lunars, the Trolls, the Hsunchen, Wahaians,
the
	Solars, etc etc etc.  Obviously, some pantheons will have more aspects
or
	subcults relating to their specialty.  I.e. there might be different
Lunar
	gods based on the phases, different types of Sea gods for the Sea
pantheon,
	different kinds of Storm gods, etc.  And the theory is that where the
	pantheon's overlap, there is either a hybrid or a token god taken from
	another pantheon.

	However, I think that some of the "Pantheons" are necc. incomplete.
For
	instance, the entire Earth Pantheon doesn't ever exist independent.  It
	(AFIK) is allways tied in with another cult.  (I.e. Storm or Solar) Am
	I correct in this?  How do others take it?

Hero Stories:
	One of the biggest stumbling blocks to me even CONSIDERING running a
Hero
	Quest is the serious lack of Hero level myths.  Anyhow, if anybody has
	any stories or myths regarding Humakt, Babeester Gor, Orlanth, or any
	other Lightbringers, please either post 'em or email 'em to me at
	Richo_at_epix.net.  Particularly, I would like to see stories about the
	Humakti Subcults, but I suppose I can make 'em up if I have to.