Wild Broo, POW's without slave collars

From: Hal Bowman <bowman1_at_mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 21:32:09 -0400 (EDT)

WILD BROO:
   Sandy makes a good point about Prax, which is probably true about many    other places: most broo will likely be born of wild animals (and feral    ones). The more remote the location, the more likely this is to be    true.

POW's:

   Sandy lists some good ways in which POW's can be kept from casting spells. All of these work, of course, but they generally have 1 thing in common: they make the POW not too useful as slave labor, unless the hands can be chained _to an object_. In my game, POW slaves of primitives typically are rendered mute by mutilation, but that might not be enough. And it is a real disincentive to surrendering. In most cases, my prisoners of primitives are held bound for sacrifice, ransom, prisoner exchange, or are simply killed on the battlefield, not used as slaves.