Yelm himself

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 18:04:49 -0400

Ok, I can understand that people might not recognize that the big glowing ball of light in the sky is actually Yelm:the sun. However, I can't reconcile the basic myth of "Orlanth kills Yelm, so Glorantha is dark and the Trolls flee Hell because it's all bright and hot and stuff, but Orlanth frees Yelm from Hell, and now the sun is there half the day and in Normal Glorantha the other half."

Or do people consider that "The sun USED to be Yelm, but isn't anymore?"

Oh, and I'm glad to hear that the God Learner Pantheon lists in GoG is rubbish. Makes life a lot easier. Hmm, don't the Sartarites call Orlanth's "Pantheon" "Orlanth's Ring?" If so, are their other names for groupings of gods? (trying to get away from the word "pantheon" which implies a return to the GoG lists...)

Also, does anybody happen to have a (fairly) complete list of what would be the Esrolian Pantheon? (Would it just be the "earth pantheon" minus pamalt and aldraia plus 'the husbands'?)