Shamans/Shamen?

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 20:45:36 -0400

To be honest, I fudge my Shaman rolls. I have him roll periodically, sometimes I even roll up what the encounter is, but he's at the point where if he says the magic words, "Spirt Screen Six", I have him make a luck roll, and unless he botches it, I don't make him do the fight. Generally, it means he doesn't allways get free power rolls, but if he has to fight something, it's a challenge.

If he wants to find a spirit, I usually have him make a couple of luck rolls, and if he's looking for something minor (i.e common spell, up to 4 strength) I don't worry about it. It's when he starts going after Bladesharp 8 or Shades or something that I get interested.

I'm hoping that somebody will let me know where Sandy's new Shaman rules are, 'cause I agree that the current ones are pretty pathetic. Currently I fudge 'em and and hope that the players don't mind so much.

One thing I've found though, a fumble during a fight with a Shaman is lots of fun. ;-)