Troll MA, Shamanic Spirit Hunting (short post)

From: Paul Chapman <mercutio_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 02:07:37 +0100

Hi all,

Martin Laurie, Troll Martial Arts:

I believe we are in almost complete agreement on this. I have studied a few styles myself, but only TaeKwon-Do and Wing Chun(which kicks ass big time!) to any serious degree, and this gave me enough imaginative material to visualise just how dangerous a troll would be in unarmed combat (even thinking about it made me shudder). I'm not sure if Wing Chun style stuff suits Trolls, but that may just be a personal MGF thing for me - whilst they're not clumsy I want to see them as thigh-breaking brutal infighting powerhouses, not Sticky-Hands monstrosities (a troll Wing Chun stylist... <shudder> my Sifu had me starting on blind-fighting almost immediately, said it built up arm sensitivity quicker that way... trolls lose on this due to thick skin, but their sonar...! <shakes head in wonder>)

So, we MA types agree trolls should be horrendous Martial Artists, but are they so in Glorantha? Anybody?

Tal Meta, Spirit Hunting:

Nothing much to report here except to echo the plea for material on this. My handle on the Spirit Plane is limited, based on alleged RW phenomena, I'd feel uncomfortable saying how difficult it is for a shaman to find, say, a Sleep spirit. "Anyone? Fry? Anyone?"

Paul.