Uz MA

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:55:17 -0400 (EDT)

>So, we MA types agree trolls should be horrendous Martial Artists, but
>are they so in Glorantha? Anybody?

Pikat Yaraboom could "stun, maim, kill or rob whoever he laid his left hand upon" -- hero powers or secondhand description of the Blue Moon school of MA (or both)? Blue Moon is in the running, IMO.

Karrg's cult might be, too. Zorak Zoran pretty much outclasses poor Karrg in terms of weapon-oriented spells and magics. Karrg worshippers (as level-headed types) might have the wits to develop unarmed combat to fend off the brutish, nasty and headstrong ZZ freaks. Wouldn't think it common to every troll land, but a possibility in one.

And the Ignorance Trolls might have picked up Kralorelan arts from the Kralorelans at some point.

Alternatively, since MA are often the resort of the oppressed, it might be the trollkin that developed Uz MA. But that'd mean they could fight back -- nah. Cancel that thought.

Would think that most trolls, however, never bother with an "organized" system of martial arts. Considering their natural advantages in unarmed combat anyway, they can skate by fighting other races unarmed, and most unarmed fighting with other trolls is probably just friendly brawling. MA is something for mystics, assassins and the occasional siz 13 Dark Troll ("I'm _not_ a trollkin, damn it!")