ZZ in the Kitori

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 01:57:41 -0800

>A question -- most of the people posting on the Kitori affirm they see
>Zorak Zorani residing there. Elf debate aside, I find that interesting
>since ZZi don't strike me as the sorts to get along with Orlanthi

        The Zorak Zorani in the Kitori lands have been assumed to spend most of their time worrying about the Footprint. That aside, the ZZ and the Uroxi get along to some extent, and I imagine the ZZers don't have much to do with the other Orlanthi. Uroxi are always trouble in any event, that they hang out with ZZers in addition doesn't make them THAT much worse. Also, the Kitori Orlanthi are not high and mighty Orlanth Rex guys who want everybody to do what they say, the actual Orlanth worshippers are not the ruling cult, and they are primarily Orlanth Thunderous - the ZZers have not particular reason to be upset by them.

>Alternatively, did some notable
>past Zorak Zorani TW leader reconcile the cult with the Orlanthi?

        Well, the founder of the Kitori, Voraz Kitor, was both a hero of the cult of Zolan Zubar, which seems to be early precursor to the cult of Zorak Zoran (is certainly a troll war god), and a member of the First Council, thus a worker for tolerance. He seems a good candidate. And while he is a very long time ago, the Kitori do still name their tribe after him.

remster_at_interport.net
>IMHO, the relations between Orlanth and ZZ would be mixed...

        Well, sure. The relations between Orlanth and Urox are pretty mixed to, and that doesn't stop 'em being associated.

>Also, somewhere, I
>believe there's a Myth where Orlanth directly defeats ZZ or Kaarg,
>proving his supremacy against the Darkness Gods. Can someone help me
>here?

        Orlanth beats up some Darkness gods on his quest to assemble the Six Winds prior to fighting Aroka the dragon that has stolen the rain.

        Cheers

                David