not a yellow flag from not the list owner

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:28:17 -0500

Digest Rool number 3 says:

    Learn the art of paraphrasing: Don't just quote and comment on a     point-by-point basis.

It seems to me that some of the most vicious, yellow-flag deserving, point/counter-point arguments on this digest would never even grow from the glimmer in the eye stage to bawling, vomiting life, if the participants would restate their "proto-opponents" positions in their own words and ask, before flaming, if they understand those statements correctly. "Before flaming," did I say that already? Maybe even "in lieu of flaming"! Naw... that's too much to ask.

Cheers,
Loren