Pantheons and Heroes.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 17:26:26 +0100 (BST)

richo_at_epix.net writes:
> I have allways believed that when a Gloranthan looks at the sky
> and
> sees the Sun, she believes that it is PHYSICALLY Yelm. Therefore,
> Humakt
> IS Death, etc. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I guess it helps explain
> why
> I find the debate over "Are you the same god?" confusing. Oh, and I
> guess
> that puts me fairly firmly in the "Objectivist camp," right?

I think it puts you firmly in the "wacky word wrapping at end of lines" camp (an increasingly (=3D) large one), and the "All this stuff Greg keeps writing about there being 'different' sun gods is complete bunk" one too. The "Sub/Obj" camps get a bit confused, mainly by the fact that people keep redefining them, so I'll refrain from a opinion on that one.

> One of the biggest stumbling blocks to me even CONSIDERING running a
> Hero
> Quest is the serious lack of Hero level myths.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Hero Level". You mean myths that can be used as heroquest material, or myths that are ascribed to a "hero", as opposed to a "god"? (Not the same thing, by any means.) In either event, doesn't KoS count?

Cheers,
Alex.