Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #488

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:29:38 -0400 (EDT)

From: mab_at_sdc1.bnsc.rl.ac.uk (Mystic Musk Ox)
> PS: Last week I asked a question which had cropped up in my mind, can I
> ask it again, and see what people think:
>
> What happens if the Peaceful Cut is performed on a human/troll/elf/dwarf
> (or can't you do it?). Where does their soul/spirit go, etc?

IMG, it does nothing. Peaceful Cut is for Fixed INT creatures. In Glorantha, there is a sharp demarcation between "intelligent" creatures and animals, period. (Not in the real world, so don't tell me about Alex the parrot or something.)

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>

> ObTopic: I just remembered that the Cult of Immanent Mastery
> is also worshipped in Bliss in Ignorance. How did it get
> there? BoI was never part of the New Dragons Ring and the
> New Kingdom of Wisdom (ie BiI after it was conquered by the
> conservative exarchs) was allegedly anti-NDR. I don't see
> the current Kralori Government deliberately transplanting a
> heretical cult into BiI (where they have enough problems
> with fruitcake-and-gore cults).

The PoIM was there before Sheng, before the God Learners, before Kralorela as a nation.

Remember, the Kralori (IMO) descend from Dragon Hsunchen. I suspect PoIM is a remnant of their old "Hykim/Mikhy" Hsunchen-style worship. - --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>