Gloranthan Heroquesting and

From: Mike Mittmann <mike_mittmann_at_affymetrix.com>
Date: 11 Jun 1997 09:15:39 -0700

Jim suggested:
>One of the features of 1984 was that history could be edited and =
changed:
>"Oceania is at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with =
Eastasia."

>With heroquests, it seems that a sufficiently advanced society could
>make this happen! Maybe that's what the Godlearners were doing . . . =
changing past
>history to fit present politics . . .

In my Glorantha the Lunars are so successful because they have a = mechanism to
prevent other people from doing this to them. Irripi Ontor priests, who = have
masteries in World Lore rotate in and out of the Hero Plane every year or = so, and
explain what they know to Priests who have stayed within time, then when = they
disagree they send Word Agents to investigate.

This is of course relevant to my campaign because someone tried to use = the
Zola Fel subcult of the cleansed one to wash away a PC's Chaos feature. = Unfortunately
two people who could sense chaos* came along, and continually insisted = that the
person was not clean. (At the SF RQ Con it was asserted that Zola Fel = couldn't clean
chaos). The net result was that Zola Fel got rougher and rougher and = eventually
cleaned the PC in much the same way that the Niagara Falls would clean a = paper
boat. This had the side effect of changing the mythology of the Cult of = the
 Cleansed One, (it still exists but is a heretical cult) and made Zola Fel into a more violently anti-chaos Deity, as a result, = the Ingalli
family is now somewhat anti-Lunar. In a dozen years of so word will = filter
back to Glamour, and the PCs will have some spoken word agents to deal = with.

*actually they could sense wyrm, but then the game I'm playing is called = AhrounQuest,
so I sort of expected the Glorantha to get mangled a little bit.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #489